For Jack and Mike working at 1,000 feet or higher is part of the job description. They can be called to the air at any time. They rely on teamwork and the right gear to excel at their jobs. Their "office equipment" must have high standards of safety, efficiency and versatility in day to day operations.
The Tyler Special Operations Platform (TSOP) was created to support workers like Mike and Jack. In the field or on the ground, air crews will benefit from increased safety, operational efficiency and unsurpassed versatility of an integrated helicopter platform. The addition of the TSOP system is a strategic advantage.
The TSOP was engineered to have a base frame which conforms to rigorous standards of design and operation. The TSOP helicopter platform is designed to easily accommodate optional enhancements now and in the future. Accessories such as a helicopter mount further expand the capabilities of this helicopter platform without adding excessive bulk, cost or maintenance.
The foundation of the TSOP system is the aerodynamic helicopter bench frame made of 3-inch tubing with 1-inch tubes arrayed longitudinally. All tubing is fashioned from aircraft grade aluminum alloy for the optimum combination of strength and lightness. TSOP system models are available for specific aircraft models. Kits weigh from 66 pounds to 130 pounds. Helicopter bench supports, mounting brackets and helicopter mount assemblies would have minimal weight impact.
The TSOP system heightens safety, comfort and stability in the field.
• A single helicopter bench can accommodate one or two riders.
• Each rider will experience freedom of movement without risking balance or stability.
• Harnesses and seat belts can be added to the TSOP frame utilizing existing anchor points.
• The folding footrest can be deployed as needed. In use, the footrest gives the rider added leverage.
• On landing, the helicopter platform remains stationary at a height that prevents leg injuries to any riders.
The TSOP helicopter platform is economical and efficient.
• The initial installation can be done in a few minutes by the client's own personnel. The target aircraft will require no modification.
• When not in use, the TSOP can be locked into a vertical position.
• Unlocking the TSOP from storage takes minutes.
• Adding or removing helicopter benches and helicopter mounts is an uncomplicated operation with quick connecting clamps.
The TSOP system's design means built-in versatility.
• A single helicopter bench can be installed on one side.
• Two helicopter benches can be installed on either side of the vehicle.
• One or two workers can sit or stand on one platform while cargo sits on the second platform.
• One side can carry cargo. Cameras and test equipment can be mounted on the other side.
• Optional mounting brackets can rapidly transform a helicopter bench in a secure litter carrier.
• The available Fast-Rope unit adds rappelling capabilities.
The TSOP's design philosophy is based on simplicity, ergonomics, utility and durability. The TSOP can be relied upon to be mission ready and operation fit.